CAREERS: Communications & Events Coordinator
Posted by Marthanna N. Donald on 11/21/2021
COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS COORDINATOR
ARDMORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Communications & Events Coordinator serves as the primary source of information for the Chamber and affiliated organizations related to member services and organizational activities and events, ensuring the Chamber and its Members are well represented and receive timely, relevant communications on key issues impacting their businesses and the community.
- Primary communications for internal and external affairs
- Develop communications strategy and execute programs to deliver the communications objectives of the organization
- Member communication through traditional and social media channels
- Newsletter/Electronic newsletter
- Ensure timely, relevant communication with Chamber members on specific issues
- As directed, communicate appropriately positions adopted by the Chamber’s Board of Directors
- Business event marketing, including development of sponsorship and marketing materials
- Website content development, entry and updates for website and other social media
- Developing and maintaining appropriate media lists
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities
- Assist with the development of branding initiatives
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the various communication and marketing initiatives
- Support marketing of Chamber Members across Chamber’s social media and print materials
- Take the lead in planning and executing annual Chamber events such as Awards Banquet, Teacher Appreciation Banquet, Chamber Classic Golf Tournament, FOL Auction
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field or two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, and use of internet tools.
- Other duties as assigned or warranted
- Coordinates with Director of Member Services & Director of Operations
- Reports to Chief Operations Officer
Send Resume to email@example.com w Subject: Communications Coordinator or drop it by the Chamber. Serious inquiries only.