Ardmore Chamber of Commerce
The purpose of the Ardmore Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership for the promotion and advancement of economic vitality and the quality of life for the Greater Ardmore area.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/QUALITY OF LIFE
The Chamber will be the catalyst for coordinating and initiating activities to improve the community and the quality of life in the Ardmore area.
- Participation and assistance with the implementation of the Arts and Culture Study to develop a plan to promote the arts in our community. This involved active facilitation of the development of Create Ardmore and designation of an Arts and Culture District.
- Facilitated and coordinated efforts with Noble Energy and the City of Ardmore for development of a Pocket Park in downtown.
- Active involvement with Main Street’s Economic Restructuring Committee, as well as development of a streetscape project and co-sponsored a program on public art.
- Partnered with the ATA in continuing the effort to create a unique “destination brand” for Ardmore including selection development of request for proposals, evaluation and selection of CUBIC to lead the effort. Facilitated meetings with community and hospitality leadership; committee meetings and initial presentation of ideas.
- Successful coordination of the Festival of Lights in 2015. The activities included the solicitation of display sponsorships through the TRC Campaign, conducting the FOL Auction and coordination of volunteers for the Festival of Lights Drive Thru Display at Regional Park.
- Coordinated support for programs aimed at improving the health of area citizens such as “Fitness Challenges”, TSET Programming, support of Health Department and sponsorship and promotion of the Corporate Fitness Challenge. The Chamber conducted the Annual Health and Fitness Expo in conjunction with the A2A Marathon.
- Provided organizational support for the Ardmore Young Professionals.
- Promoted the Certified Healthy Business designation for Chamber Members and received recognition as Certified Healthy Business 2015.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/IMPROVING THE BUSINESS CLIMATE
The Chamber will spearhead efforts to maintain a viable economy by improving the business climate, expanding the business base and assisting local businesses.
- The Chamber was involved in workforce development, coordinating an area job fair with the ADA.
- Developed and began to implement the new comprehensive education initiative, in cooperation with area business and industry, that provides a cradle to career pathway for workforce readiness.
- Provided management and oversight of the MVP Mentoring Program in Ardmore City Schools.
- Provided management services to the Ardmore Development Authority and partnered with the City of Ardmore to recruit and support business and industry.
- Participated in workforce initiatives including the US Chamber Developing the Talent Pipeline, the Governor’s Workforce Regional meeting, served on the State Chamber of Oklahoma Workforce Committee and presented at the Southeast Oklahoma Innovation Forum.
- Coordinated bi-weekly luncheons during the legislative session, providing members with an opportunity to receive timely updates as well as provide their input and influence on legislation.
- Conducted the Annual Ardmore Community Forum to update members on city projects and priorities as well as an opportunity to meet with city departments.
- Coordinated “Ardmore Day” at the State Capitol, affording members an opportunity to meet with elected officials and relay our pro-business agenda.
- Promoted ‘Sales Tax Holiday” in August encouraging residents to shop locally.
- Hosted meetings with State Officials and legislators to educate them on Ardmore area needs and to promote a pro-business climate.
- Served on the State Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
The Chamber will champion the cause of education in order to provide the highest quality of education at all levels.
- Provided leadership for the coordination of activities that resulted in the development of the new comprehensive initiative – Partners in Education with a goal of success for every student….cradle to career.
- Provided support for the continued development of the Southern Oklahoma University Center Campus.
- Coordination of the MVP Mentoring component of the Dollar General Literacy Foundation’s Ardmore Literacy Project.
- Support for development of rigorous academic standards to ensure that all students are career ready.
- Participated in the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives Education and Workforce National Fellowship.
- Attended, by invitation, and participated in the US Chamber Foundation’s “The Path Forward” conference with the national NAACP.
- Participated in efforts to recruit quality school board members for area schools.
- Coordinated the Oklahoma Scholars Program.
- Hosted the Annual Teacher Appreciation Reception, attended by over 300 area educators.
- Served on the State Chamber of Oklahoma’s Education and Workforce Committee.
The Chamber will evaluate the financial operations and organizational structure to improve the delivery of services and efficiency. The Chamber will effectively utilize resources to advance the interest of the organization.
- Provided management services to the Chamber Foundation, Inc., ADA and ATA.
- Received 4-Star Accreditation by the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Continued to improve the processes for IT, Human Resources and Payroll and hired a Chief Operations Officer.
- Introduced a Community Calendar – Events in Ardmore.
- Provided programs to various civic and community organizations.
- Provided regular articles to the newspaper to inform members and the public of pertinent issues and special events.
- Provided all new members with free advertisement in Ardmoreite and radio.
- Coordinated the Leadership Greater Ardmore and Youth Leadership Programs.
The Chamber will deliver programs and provide activities that will increase Chamber membership and add measurable value to Chamber membership investments.
- Conducted a successful TRC Campaign.
- Introduced a Chamber mobile app to enhance communication with members and provide greater benefit to all members.
- Created ad shown in local movie theater encouraging “shopping local.”
- Continued promotion of health initiative that involved “the Pebble”, an electronic pedometer, and activities to encourage member businesses and their employees to improve their health and wellness.
- Promotion of the “Tax Free Holiday” and Small Business Saturday.
- Co-sponsored, with Main Street, the “Dash for Santa Cash” Christmas Retail Promotion.
- Supported enhancements to Business After Hours and the quarterly Business Before Hours networking events.
- Coordinated seminars for the Southern Oklahoma Leaders Luncheons and other activities that provide information to improve small business performance.
- Coop with the Health Department and the TSET program to promote activities and programs to encourage health and wellness.