Ardmore Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Ardmore Chamber is to promote economic vitality and quality of life for Southern Oklahoma.
The Chamber will champion the cause of education in order to develop the most efficient and productive method for delivery of quality education and workforce development services that span from cradle to career.
- Provided leadership for the coordination of activities that resulted in the implementation of the new comprehensive initiative – Partners in Education with a goal of success for every student….cradle to career. Specific activities are identified in the Annual Report to the Community
- Provided support for the continued development of the Southern Oklahoma University Center Campus, including facilitating continued support for the ECU Nursing Program.
- Support for development of rigorous academic standards to ensure that all students are career ready.
- Participated in the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives Education and Workforce National Fellowship Committee.
- Attended, by invitation, and participated in the US Chamber Foundation’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) implementation conferences to ensure that the business community is involved in the development of rigorous programs designed to meet the needs of 21st Century employers
- Participated in the National Conference for Out of School Learning as a panelist to ensure quality programming that provides the academic and skills support to ensure a student’s success.
- Participated in efforts to recruit quality school board members for area schools.
- Coordinated the Oklahoma Scholars Program.
- Hosted the Annual Teacher Appreciation Reception, attended by over 300 area educators.
- Served on the State Chamber of Oklahoma’s Education and Workforce Committee.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/QUALITY OF LIFE
The Chamber will be the catalyst for coordinating and initiating activities to improve the community and the quality of life in the Ardmore area.
- Facilitated and coordinated efforts with Noble Energy and the City of Ardmore for development of a Pocket Park in downtown.
- Active involvement with Main Street’s Economic Restructuring Committee.
- Support for the streetscape project in Historic Downtown Ardmore
- Participated and promoted the development of the new Comprehensive Development Plan for the City of Ardmore
- The Chamber, in response to a critical need, coordinated and raised funds for a Summer Camp Program that provided safe and healthy day care for the summer 2016 after a long-standing program was not held. The Chamber provided staff to assist throughout the summer program and provided the operational support.
- Provided support for the continued development of the Create Ardmore Program.
- Partnered with the ATA in the effort to create a unique “brand” for Ardmore. Facilitated meetings with community and hospitality leadership; committee meetings and initial presentation of ideas. New brand to be introduced in January 2017
- Successful coordination of the Festival of Lights in 2016. The activities included the solicitation of display sponsorships through the TRC Campaign, conducting the FOL Auction and coordination of volunteers for the Festival of Lights Drive Thru Display at Regional Park.
- Coordinated support for programs aimed at improving the health of area citizens such as “Fitness Challenges”, TSET Programming, support of Health Department and sponsorship and promotion of the Corporate Fitness Challenge.
- Provided organizational support for the Ardmore Young Professionals.
- Promoted the Certified Healthy Business designation for Chamber Members and received recognition as Certified Healthy Business 2016.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/IMPROVING THE BUSINESS CLIMATE
The Chamber will spearhead efforts to maintain a viable economy by improving the business climate, expanding the business base and assisting local businesses.
- The Chamber was involved in workforce development, coordinating an area job fair with the ADA.
- Developed and began to implement the new comprehensive education initiative, in cooperation with area business and industry that provides a cradle to career pathway for workforce readiness.
- Provided management services to the Ardmore Development Authority and partnered with the City of Ardmore to recruit and support business and industry.
- Participated in workforce initiatives including the Governor’s Workforce meetings; served on the State Chamber of Oklahoma Workforce Committee.
- Conducted the Annual Ardmore Community Forum to update members on city projects and priorities as well as an opportunity to meet with city departments.
- Promoted ‘Sales Tax Holiday” in August encouraging residents to shop locally.
- Hosted meetings with State and Federal Officials and legislators to educate them on Ardmore area needs and to promote a pro-business climate.
- The Chamber participated in an Interim Study on the Heartland Flyer
- The Ardmore Business Roundtable was created (CEO’s of local business)
- Served on the State Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
The Chamber will evaluate the financial operations and organizational structure to improve the delivery of services and efficiency. The Chamber will effectively utilize resources to advance the interest of the organization.
- Provided management services to the Chamber Foundation, Inc., ADA and ATA.
- Developed and approved a new comprehensive Agreement for Management services with the ADA and ATA
- Continued to improve the processes for IT, Human Resources and Payroll, including the implementation of a new time system for all employees.
- The Chamber undertook a comprehensive evaluation of the IT system and began implementation of a new managed network system.
- The Chamber updated and approved and updated job description and contract for the President and CEO.
- Provided programs to various civic and community organizations.
- Provided regular articles to the newspaper to inform members and the public of pertinent issues and special events.
- Provided all new members with free advertisement in Ardmoreite and radio.
- Coordinated the Leadership Greater Ardmore and Youth Leadership Programs.
- The Ardmore Chamber was named “Chamber of the Year” by the State Chamber of Oklahoma.
The Chamber will deliver programs and provide activities that will increase Chamber membership and add measurable value to Chamber membership investments.
- Conducted a successful TRC Campaign.
- The Chamber improved its presence on social media
- The Directory was converted to digital and included on the website
- Introduction of quarterly “Chamber 101” orientation sessions for both new and existing members.
- Support of the Southern Oklahoma Leaders Luncheons to provide valuable information to our chamber members
- The Chamber provided an informative program on the new Overtime Regulations
- The Chamber developed and began implementation of program for member retention, recognition and improvement of communications with all members.
- Continued promotion and coordination of health initiatives including involvement in the new Behavioral Health Initiative.
- Promotion of the “Tax Free Holiday” and Small Business Saturday.
- Co-sponsored with Main Street Authority, the “Dash for Santa Cash” Christmas retail promotion.
- Supported enhancements to Business After Hours and the quarterly Business Before Hours networking events.
- The Chamber introduced new initiatives via social media to spotlight area restaurants, retail and car dealerships.
The Chamber will promote a sound business climate and represent the interests of sound policy that allows businesses to compete globally, to hire more workers, and expand in southern Oklahoma.
- The Chamber actively participated in the State Chamber’s Chamber Action Network. This program provided accurate information for our members and allowed engagement with local legislators on bill that were important to our area business and industry.
- The Chamber held an Annual Ardmore Day at the Capitol.
- The Chamber held bi-weekly luncheons during the session to provide information for members and access to elected officials.
- The Chamber hosted small group meetings between organization leadership and elected officials to discuss issues.
- The Chamber conducted the Annual Community Forum in July.
- The Chamber sponsored a State Issues Forum prior to the General Election.
- The Chamber was involved with recruitment of qualified candidates for both school board and commission candidates.
- The Chamber participated in an Interim Study on the Heartland Flyer held by the Oklahoma State Senate.