2016 Goals & Objectives
Chamber of Commerce Goals
Ardmore Chamber of Commerce
2016 Plan of Work
The purpose of the Ardmore Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership for the promotion and advancement of economic vitality and the quality of life for the Greater Ardmore area.
The Chamber will champion the cause of education in order to develop the most efficient and productive method for delivery of quality education and workforce development services that span from cradle to career.
- Coordination and implementation of the Partners in Education Partnership utilizing the StriveTogether model to create “cradle to career” civic infrastructure in our area.
- Continued support of the development of the Southern Oklahoma University Center Campus including additional funding sources.
- Coordinate the MVP Program component of the Dollar General Literacy Foundation’s Ardmore Literacy Project.
- Support the development and legislative approval of new, rigorous standards that encourage critical thinking, innovation and ensure that every child is college and career ready upon graduation.
- Ensure that the business community is represented in the development of the standard.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/QUALITY OF LIFE
The Chamber will be the catalyst for coordinating and initiating activities to improve the community and the quality of life in the Ardmore area.
- Partner with other community organizations for the development and implementation of a comprehensive re-development plan for Downtown Ardmore creating an arts, entertainment and retail district. This includes the continued development of Depot Park.
- Creation of a comprehensive plan for the enhanced appearance of the community that includes green development, sidewalks/trails, beautification ordinances, a way find system, and the continuation of the Art in Public Places Program.
- Engage and empower all segments of the community and provide greater access to community boards.
- Assist in the coordination of programs aimed at addressing racial and diversity tension within the community.
- Coordination and partnership with the Ardmore Tourism Authority for the development of a new “branding image” that will enhance tourism in southern Oklahoma.
- Foster activities that promote coop efforts for merchants and restaurants.
- Coordinate the Festival of Lights auction to fund additional Christmas lighting displays.
- Continued support for programs that result in improving the health of area citizens.
- Support for the continued growth and success of the Ardmore Young Professionals.
The Chamber will spearhead efforts to maintain a viable economy by improving the business climate, expanding the business base and assisting local businesses.
- Coordinate and support efforts for development of a comprehensive cradle to career effort to create and sustain a skilled and qualified workforce.
- Assist the Ardmore Development Authority and the City of Ardmore in efforts to recruit business and industry.
- Provide management services and support to the Ardmore Development Authority.
- Creation of a CEO/Senior Management Roundtable.
GOAL: The Chamber will promote a sound business climate and represent the interests of sound policy that allows businesses to compete globally, to hire more workers, and expand in southern Oklahoma.
- Maintain an aggressive legislative program that improves the business climate and ensures Ardmore’s influence at a state level. The Annual Legislative Agenda will identify specific areas of engagement.
- Coordinate activities that allow access to elected officials through legislative functions such as Legislative Luncheons, Ardmore Day at the Capitol and the Ardmore Community Forum.
- Introduce an interactive electronic tool allowing the Chamber and its members to correspond with elected officials.
- Engage in the recruitment of candidates for elected offices that will best represent the interest of Chamber members and the community.
The Chamber/ADA will evaluate the financial operations and organizational structure to improve the delivery of services and efficiency. The Chamber will effectively utilize resources to advance the interest of the organization.
- Provide management services to the Chamber Charitable Foundation, the ATA & ADA.
- Continue to refine the operational activities in all organizations (IT, HR, etc…).
- Evaluate and develop a contract for executive of the Chamber.
- Coordinate Leadership Greater Ardmore and Youth Leadership Programs.
- Evaluate management of additional programs that incorporate the mission and increase revenue
- Increase the volunteer involvement in the Chamber by 10%.
- Conduct a review of peer cities to determine and then apply best practices.
- The Chamber will deliver programs and provide activities that will increase Chamber membership and add measurable value to Chamber membership investments.
- Enhance communications programs for maximum reach and effectiveness.
- Enhance and update the Chamber/Tourism/Foundation websites to allow mobile access.
- Coordinate seminars, Southern Oklahoma Leaders Luncheon, and other activities that help improve small business performance
- Conduct events, like Business After Hours/Business Before Hours, to maximize benefits for Chamber members.
- Develop and promote non-dues revenue and other activities that enhance membership investment.
- Execute a comprehensive retention program that improves existing efforts.
- Coordinate programs and activities that increase shop local efforts.
- Support activities that promote health initiatives and provide members with options for activities that encourage health and wellness.
- Provide an affordable health care option for Chamber members.